We had a very successful meeting on August 3rd 2016 with Cumbria County Council.
The outcome is this:
1. CCC have apologised for the lack of communication and agreed to communicate with us on all issues going forward.
2. CCC are now in a position to beat the original timeline of Sept 2017, and they are totally confident the bridge will be completed by Easter 2017, but will do everything they can to have it finished even sooner, if possible.
3. The Ground Investigation team will start in 2 weeks.
4. CCC confirmed that they are appointing a Design and Build contractor within a matter of days and need to build a single span bridge to alleviate future flooding. The design needs to be similar to how it was before (without parapets to help flood water), in order that the project is not held up any longer.
5. They are going to work with us in partnership so we can add value to what the Council are doing, and work together to try to make this happen sooner.
Staveley Mill Yard email@example.com
Councillor Stan Collins